Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First night in Korea!

Today was an extremely long day ><  International flights=NOT FUN

I couldn't sleep the whole 12 hour flight, so then I was completely exhausted for the 3 hour layover in Narita, Japan.  They kept feeding us gross plane food too ><  Then, there was another 2 hour flight to Korea.  Once we were through customs, we took an hour bus ride into Seoul.  My stomach is REALLY upset from all the constant motion.  I thought I was going to vomit ><

Well, so far everything seems negative, but tomorrow is when the fun is going to start.  We are going to a Welcome Ceremony at the US Embassy and then meeting college buddies and touring Seoul.  They'll also take my laptop tomorrow, so who knows when I'll next be online.

Another fun thing, right now we are at the Youth Hostel, and there are a ton of other people staying here.  We all congregated in the hallway with a bunch of Korean kids and talking.  Tomorrow will be fun!  Now I'm going to shower and sleep.

4 comments:

  1. YOU'RE IN KOREA!!!! and you won't have to be on another long flight for six months!! I'm thinking of writing a blog called 169 Days in the USA, so that you can keep up with me too. Today's entry: "Ate bourbon chicken at the food court. Now feel sick to my stomach. Jackson finally took a shower today. Thank god."

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your 169 Days in the USA would be more interesting than mine, Ellen. Today consists of: My virtual soccer team is doing well. It's hard to find an interesting book on Antarctica for the library's summer reading program. Going to go eat Chinese food.

    It'd be fun to create a blog, except I don't have very interesting stuff to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That settles it. We must live vicariously through Emma's adventures!!! Hope you get through the jetlag and nerves and start having a great time Emma (p.s. I know you will).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent plan, Ellen!

    And I agree about the nerves. I've never been on a study abroad program, but I remember my first time going to sleep-away camp, going to a summer program at WashU, and finally going to college, and I always had nerves at first, but they went away as I settled in

    ReplyDelete