Sunday, August 14, 2011

The last two weeks

It's been a long time since I've last updated.  What can I say--I've been busy.  Very very busy.  So I'll try and explain exactly what I've been busy with, but there is no way I'll be able to cover it all ><

I don't think I've blogged about the war museum yet, so I'll start there.  On August 2nd, Soontaek and our group merged with Audra's group, with their supporter Woochul.  We went to the War Memorial of Korea, and it was really really cool.  It was interesting to see a different perspective on the Korean War, especially regarding America's involvement.
When we got there, there was this huge presentation by a bunch of Korean soldiers.  They were all marching and doing this routine, and it was really interesting.  We also saw a lot of military vehicles and such there, so there are some pictures on facebook if you want to see.


The next day (August 3rd)  Dayoung came to meet me after class with her friend, and we went to the National Museum of Korea.  It was a really interesting, but there was so much information there I feel like I need to go back about 400 times before I can actually retain it.  Anyways, it was a really huge and awesome museum.

The next day our group met up with Woochul's group again and we went to this traditional Hanok neighborhood in Insadong.  Hanok is a traditional Korean house.  It was okay, but it was raining so not so great.  Afterwards, we all went and ate Patbingsu ^^  Patbingsu is sooooo good!



The next few days were fun, basically filled with watching Korean movies, going to Lotte World, visiting Changgyeong Palace.  I went ice skating with Soontaek and Woochul and our groups, and it was so much fun xD  They had never been before.  Woochul was so concentrated on ice skating.  He just kept going around by himself keeping all his focus on it.  Soontaek was so hilarious.  Every time he'd go around he would come back to the spot that Audra and Kelly were standing and be like "This is so exciting! This is so much fun!"  It really was a good time.  After I got home from school, I made spaghetti for my host family, and taught Da Young how to make it. 

After that the next few days were all classes and rehearsal for our performance with Soontaek and Woochul. 

My host family bought me this beautiful cake and we had a party ^^

Then, we had our going away performance   Unfortunately, Soontaek had a job interview so he couldn't perform with us :-(  One of the other supporters performed in his place.  I'll upload the video at some point.  It was really good ^^ 

Saturday I spent the morning learning to make bulgogi, japchae, and ho-ddok with my host mom.  It was a lot of fun.  Then I went to noraebang with Sangmin and Dayoung, which was also fun.  Afterwards, we went to the Incheon Music Wave concert, which was maybe the best night of my whole life.  SUPER JUNIOR IS THE MOST AMAZING GROUP OF MEN EVER TO HAVE WALKED ON THE EARTH

And I'll leave it at that before I get carried away.

My host mom is the sweetest woman ever.  Today as I was leaving she just kept saying "Make sure and eat 3 meals everyday!!!!!"  I left them this morning, and tonight she texted me "did you eat????"  I'm going to miss her a lot.  I cried this morning when my host brother gave me a card and he tried to write it in English.  T.T  They are all so sweet.

Right now I'm at the hostel, and tomorrow I will board the bus to Cheongju.  So hopefully all will go well!

Here is the link to my photos:  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150697246405162.707803.539770161&l=8c6e63c308&type=1



2 comments: