Friday, July 1, 2011

At homestay!

I ended up getting to meet my host family a night earlier than most people, so instead of meeting them this morning I have already spent one night here.  And I'll apologize in advance...Korean keyboards are weird...there will probably be typos.  Right now I am sitting on the computer, and my host mom is on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor :(  She won't let me help.  She also won't let me help with laundry or dishes...I feel bad.  In Korea, the children only study, they don't do any chores around the house.  Studying is their job. 

My host mom doesn't speak any english, so we have been trying our best to communicate with each other.  When Da Young or Sang Min is home, they can help a little.  They are both at school now (EVEN THOUGH ITS SATURDAY!)  Da Young has tests today, it is final exam time for her. 

Last night my mom and Da Young came to pick me up, and we got home around 11.  I showered, then Da Young and I went to the bakery at 11:30 pm to buy bread xD  It is so close to the apartment! (which is on the 18th floor...the views are beautiful!)  I have my own room, but it was Da Youngs room.  She is staying in Sangmins room while I am here.

My host mom made delicious breakfast!  It was somewhat like Onigiri, but better....if you know what that is.  I'm having a good time so far! I think now I will go ask my host mom to show me how to get to Sogang on the subway xD

I love you all and I miss you!

5 comments:

  1. We miss you Emma! But I'm glad you're having a good time! Please take lots and lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay am i the only one who has to look up Onigiri? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan you are not the only one to look up onigiri!
    Have fun Emma! I walked past a new korean restaurant on our street called Seoul Folod. It made me miss you but also be very excited for you. Eat as much as you can and enjoy all the markets.

    ReplyDelete