Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Next Host Family

Today I got the info on my next host family!  I already have more information about my high school, but I forgot to bring the sheet with me to the computer lab ><  So I'll be updating that tomorrow or Friday.

Anyways, contrary to what I previously believed, I will not be living in Jeonju, I will be living in Cheongju.  Which is only a 1 hour 40 minute bus ride from Seoul, which is like the same distance I am right now.  I'm excited about the possibility of coming into Seoul some weekends (for concerts xD  sidenote:  SUPER JUNIOR COMEBACK AUGUST 3RD)

I will be a 20 minute distance away from my school, living in an apartment with my host parents, 19 year old brother Jonghyun, and 16 year old sister Jiwon.  My host dad is a public servant and my host mom is a housewife.  I'll have my own room.

My school seems really liberal and new-age.  I won't have a school uniform, but it is sort of in the middle of nowhere.  On the plus side, I will be able to do a lot of fun exercise stuff during the school day like hiking.  It is a partial-boarding school, so many of my classmates will live at school all the time.  (I'll live with my host family, obviously.)  My school sounds incredibly amazing.  If you haven't seen this, go to http://www.yangeob.hs.kr/ , change the language to English in the top right corner, and read the principals message.  I have a list of the classes I can take, and I can't wait to post it because they sound AWESOME.

For one weekend every month, all the semester/year kids will get together and go to an interesting place or city in South Korea.  I'm really excited for this!  I hope I'll get to go to Jeju ^^

I'm really excited for the semester! Even though I'll be really sad to leave my current host family T.T  My host brother is so hilarious xD

Today after school, a group of us (Mina, Akira, Alexia, and Akira's korean friend) are meeting up with my host sister and going to Apgujeong, which is where the giant SM Everysing is.  So basically I am going to be going and spending lots of money on Super Junior.  But now that I think about it, maybe I should wait to spend a ton of money and go back after their album is released and there is new merchandise....hmmm.....

Anyhow, class today should be okay.  I did badly on the quiz the first time, since I had just joined the class.  I just want to have a quiz so I can prove that I'm not incompetent.  I've been studying so much...but still I'm not getting good grades ><  I think the next quiz will be tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. the first time i looked up your new city i looked up cheongju based on where your school is, and then mom told me i was wrong! haha i was right.

    ReplyDelete